Making a gorgeous backyard is a laborious and painstaking process. Its essential difference from other types of home improvement work is that it is always based on a creative concept, which makes it possible to implement the most daring and extraordinary decisions. Today, hand-made products are becoming increasingly popular. The idea for a summer cottage, realized with your own hands, is also valuable because it creates a unique atmosphere at the summer cottage.
Basic rules and tips
To build or buy a house is a dream of many people. In order for housing construction to turn into a chic one, a lot of creative and physical efforts must be made. You can hire a designer that will decorate not only the home but also a backyard. However, this will require significant financial costs. For many, the backyard is an opportunity to show their own imagination and realize their personal plans.
In order for the resting place to meet its purpose, it is necessary:
- correctly divide the site into zones;
- ensure the rational placement of communications and their comfortable use;
- determine the style of design of buildings and the landscape as a whole.
There are many interesting ideas, but when taking on the implementation, it is worth considering the following factors:
- the size of the house. These parameters are mainly determined by the features of operation, wishes, and capabilities. If with the small size of the site, the building occupies more than 1/3 of the total area of the territory, the creation of a full-fledged decorative green zone will become difficult;
- placement of communications. Communication wiring should be carried out before the start of the design of the site, taking into account watering, water supply to fountains, cascades, artificial reservoirs, etc.
- if you are planning to engage in the cultivation of vegetables and fruits, it is necessary to determine, in addition to the main plan, also the design idea for the garden and vegetable garden. Otherwise, the backyard will not be complete, and this will certainly affect the overall aesthetic perception.
- think about decking your porch, this method can be a quite practical decision. As suggested by decksforlife.ca, you can hire a company that will make it the best way it can be made.
- For those of you with a pool, make sure to decorate the area around it and fund surfaces that aren’t slippery, as suggested by podne-obloge.com
Useful advice! It is better to make garden crafts after installing lightweight building structures and complete landscaping of the site. Their size and semantic content can change significantly during the implementation of a backyard project.
Floristic rules and ideas with your own hands
A flower bed and a flower garden are one of the most important components of landscape design. Chaotically planted flowers will not bring the desired result. When drawing up a scheme for planting flowers, you must have at least basic knowledge of the laws of design.
There are three main aspects to consider when planning:
- placement of plants according to size;
- selection of colors;
- time and duration of flowering.
A beautiful flower garden is a basis for a successful design of any summer cottage
Traditionally, the tallest flowers are planted in the central part of the flower bed, lower ones are placed behind them, and the edges are framed by undersized, sometimes ground cover plants. If a flower bed or flower garden is located near a fence or wall, then the tallest flowers are set to the background, then they act on the principle of decreasing the height. The smallest are planted in the foreground.
The most successful color combinations: white and pink, red and orange shades, blue and purple tones interspersed with white, purple with white or blue frames. Flowers can be annual, biennial, perennial. Annuals must be planted annually. Biennials bloom only in the second year. Perennials bloom for several years. It is imperative to take into account the flowering periods when drawing up a flower bed diagram.
To create a beautiful garden flower bed, you need to arrange flowers according to patterns and flowering time
- Regular flower beds. Geometric shapes from plants with the same flowering period.
- Irregular flower beds. The planting of plants is carried out in such a way that one faded species is replaced by another – a wave-like flowering.
- Mono flower bed. Most often these are raised structures, planted with one plant species.
Useful advice! It is safer to plant flowers in the form of seedlings on flower beds. It is not always possible to calculate the germination time of seeds correctly, as a result of which dimensional correspondences can be violated and the flowering period is shifted.
The backyard must be provided with all the necessary gardening tools so that you can clear the lawn of fallen leaves, loosen the ground in a small pot, weed a wide bed, arrange a bush hedge and cut the lawn grass. Here’s a free guide to weeding https://trimthatweed.com/weed-removal-guide/.
Everything that has been done for a backyard with your own hands: homemade products that decorate the site, furniture that creates comfort, flower beds, trees and shrubs that fill the landscape with a riot of natural colors – creates a unique design. If not only technical skill but also creativity filled the process of creation, the backyard will become a comfortable and cozy resting place for the whole family.