Having cut flowers in a vase is nice, but they don’t last long and usually cost a fortune. It is also not the best option for those families with smaller children. There are too many ways in which an accident may happen at any time. How can you add that extra pop to your interiors without having to spend or stress too much? The answer is simple: get one of those plants which you can grow inside the house.
Here is a list of plants from LiveTray, to help you get the perfect indoor plant for your house.
1. Chinese Money Plant– also known as Pilea, this plant has bright green and round, flat, fleshy leaves. It is an evergreen; this means that its leaves will stay green all year round. Not only is the pilea super cute, but it is also one of the easiest plants to grow. You can plant them in pots of any size and shape. It requires moderate watering, and that’s pretty much all there is to taking care of one of these.
Another bonus is that pileas can survive even without soil. You can prop one of these in a glass or bottle, add some water to it and watch it grow over the days and months. Pileas can last up to several years if you take care of it properly. If you are a beginner, getting a pilea will be a good idea.
2. Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree– perfect for bigger houses with bright, airy rooms, the fiddle leaf fig is the best home décor you can get for your home. Its big leaves and sturdy stalk are easy to clean and maintain. These plants can grow to up to 2 meters tall, depending on the size of the pot that you plant them in. It requires a generous amount of watering and the occasional dusting from time to time.
The fiddle leaf fig is the “IN” indoor plant these days, so you can go out and get one for your home today.
3. Spider Plant– The spider plant has long, narrow leaves with a single stripe of white running down the center. It is very fancy looking but don’t let that scare you, because it is one of the most low-maintenance indoor plants available. You can trust the spider plant to spice up any interior setting.
Spider plants are fast-growing and often produce smaller offshoots attached to the mother plant via a string-like stem, quite like strawberries. They are also said to be excellent air purifiers, which is just an added benefit. We here at LiveTray are all for anything that helps to improve our health and well-being.
4. Peace Lily– true to its name, the peace lily embodies the essence of peace and tranquility. Its soft and thin leaves are naturally glossy and give off a very radiant sheen. Within a few months, the peace lily, if taken care of properly, will start to bloom. Peace lilies love to flower and, as such, are among the more elegant looking indoor plants. If you tend to overwater your plants most of the time, then the peace lily will be the perfect fit for you.
5. Aloe Vera– most succulents don’t fare too well when kept indoors, but this is not the case for the aloe. It is one of the easiest plants to take care of as it only requires watering occasionally, and you don’t even have to change out the soil often. However, its leaves are very long and spiky, and also breaks very easily, so it is best to keep them at slightly elevated and isolated places.
Not only is the aloe a gorgeous home plant, but it is also said to have many health benefits; the gel in its leaves can be used to treat burns, acne and can even to consumed to treat some stomach and digestive ailments. Talk about a power plant!
6. Asparagus Fern– the asparagus fern is a much loved indoor plant and can transform any dull room into a magical space. Unlike most other indoor plants, the asparagus fern has countless small, needle-like leaves, running all along its stems, which drape down towards the ground like a green waterfall. It has small pinkish flowers, which then turn into bright red berry-like fruits. It is best to keep them on elevated heights. There are some spikes along its stem, so you should keep it away from the reach of children.
Not only do these indoor plants make everything look better, but they also help to make the environment healthier as well. These plants act as natural air purifiers and help keep the oxygen levels up inside the house. They will also last a long time, that is, as long as you can adequately take care of it and remember to water it from time to time.