Other names on the list are: Barack Obama, Chelsea Handler, Harvey Weinstein, Matt Lauer, Mitt Romney, Ron Paul, Angela Merkel, Hillary Clinton, Lionel Messi, Novak Djokovic, Pete Cashmore, Warren Buffett, Kate Middleton.

The full list: Full List - The 100 Most Influential People in the World - TIME

Stella McCartney on Rihanna:
Quote:
I can't remember when Rihanna and I first met, but I think it was near a dance floor and one of her tracks was playing. The thing I remember was her being a normal person, not what you'd expect of a young woman about to take over the world. She's one of the coolest, hottest, most talented, most liked, most listened to, most followed, most impressive artists at work today, but she does it in her own stride. She works hard, very hard. She gives to her fans, friends and foundation not just herself but her energy and spirit.
Rihanna, 24, goes out of her way to support the people she believes in. She is one of the few people I know in that world of fame and celebrity who aren't all about themselves. She'll give a real part of herself to an ordinary person she may meet, and that's rare.
This is the beginning for Rihanna — she has so much more to do and to give. She is just getting going, so watch out. She's the Barbados ambassador for youth and culture, and she's coming to a town near you.

Pink on Adele
Quote:
Turn on any radio station in the world and you will probably hear Adele. Go to Mars right now and I'm pretty sure if there is life on that planet, they're playing Adele. And for good reason.
There are a few artists in my life who I can think back and remember where I was when I first heard them. When you're so utterly moved by something that you know you'll never be the same again. When I first heard Adele, I was on tour, alone in a hotel room in London, watching her sing from a rooftop on YouTube — a song called "Hometown Glory." I thought, Who is this creature? This voice! Her tone! Why is the entire world not watching this video?
I'm always so happy when the world catches on to something great. Especially when it's authentic talent, great songwriting and a unique package. I am so relieved that Adele possesses the kind of beauty that she does, that she's crass and funny and that she sings live — and incredibly. Her success renews hope in me that the world I live in has good taste — that we still occasionally come back to what's simple, and simply amazing. I can't wait to hear what she does next.

Cicely Tyson on Viola Davis
Quote:
I remember sitting in a Broadway theater absolutely mesmerized by Viola Davis' performance as Tonya in August Wilson's play King Hedley II, for which she won her first Tony and Drama Desk awards. I have been consuming a diet of her extraordinary work ever since.
Her life tells a story of personal and professional excellence. Viola, 46, has given her stage and screen characters true presence, depth and authenticity because of her uncompromising real-life character. She is a serious and soul-stirring actress, and her rich body of work represents the full range of our humanity.
As I watch Viola's career soar, I marvel at her strength, stamina and amazing spirit, which I believe comes from her faith in the Almighty. She has taken an opportunity not just to set a standard but to redefine it.
Her recent Oscar nomination for Best Actress in The Help is a beacon for other aspiring actresses. I was privileged to work on this film and humbled that Viola believes my career has been a benchmark for hers. This acknowledgment speaks to the richness of her soul and how she has carried out her life as a mother, wife and actress. She affords me great hope for the future.

Arne Duncan on Jeremy Lin
Quote:
Jeremy Lin's story is a great lesson for kids everywhere because it debunks and defangs so many of the prejudices and stereotypes that unfairly hold children back. He's dispelled the idea that Asian-American guards somehow couldn't hack it in the NBA — and that being a world-class athlete on the court is somehow at odds with being an excellent student off the court.
Contrary to what you might read, Jeremy, 23, is no overnight sensation. In fact, he achieved success the old-fashioned way: he earned it. He worked hard and stayed humble. He lives the right way; he plays the right way.
It's great to see good values rewarded in professional sports because that's not always the case. Often it's the bling, the glam, the individual that gets celebrated — not the team and working together to advance a goal bigger than oneself. Jeremy cares only about one thing — winning. And I don't care whether you are an Asian-American kid, white, black or Hispanic, Jeremy's story tells you that if you show grit, discipline and integrity, you too can get an opportunity to overcome the odds.

Jeremy Lin on Tim Tebow
Quote:
Watching Tim Tebow play football, you can observe many things about his character. You see his fierce competitiveness, his strong work ethic and how he is a leader that his teammates trust and respect.
But it is the qualities that Tim, 24, embodies in his life off the field that truly set him apart. He is unashamed of his convictions and faith, and he lives a life that consistently reflects his values, day in and day out. Through his foundation, he constantly reaches out to people and communities in need of hope. He realizes what he has been blessed with and seeks to help those who are worse off. As athletes, we pour our hearts into winning games. Tim is a reminder that life is about much more than that.